Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Day 187


Ok, some people (my bros) will think this is the silliest thing but that's 'cause their kids are being raised totally different than mine. Their kids pee outside, have driven cars (to be fair, only in the driveway) since they could walk, have had their own 4-wheelers forever and have mowed lawns for $$$ since they realized they needed $$$$. LOL My kids are probably too sheltered. This is my fault but one of those things you only realize when it's too late???

Becca will turn 15 in a few months & wants to get her drivers license. She's never even been behind the wheel of a car and asked me the other day if the horizontal pedal was the gas?? I'm thinking I've done a dis-service to my kids. So, Scott decided that a little legal "behind the wheel training was in order. We let them drive the lawnmower around for a bit to see what it would kind of be like to drive. Nick had no fear of the mower & no idea where he was going. Kept going around in circles & way too near the tree for his mother's comfort. Becca was a little more timid about driving but more careful too.

While we're doing all this in the front yard, our neighbors across the street were out. Between them, they have raised 5 kids. I'm guessing they thought we were just crazy for getting so worked up about the "practice". Some of you are probably too. I know my brothers would be!!



No comments:

Post a Comment