Sunday, July 5, 2009

Day 185

Happy Fourth of July!
And Happy Birthday Mom!!!

The 4th is an odd holiday now. Since Mom & Dad moved to Southern MO, we rarely do anything special anymore. We don't seem to barbecue or even go see the fireworks. It's almost like just another day. Before, we always did something for mom's birthday and it was more of a celebration. Oh well, we'll come up with new traditions before too long.

Scott FINALLY got some 'maters from his plant. When I picked them (yes, I'm the only one taking care of HIS tomatoes!!!) it was too dark or I would have taken pics on the vine. But, when I put them in the window, the red of the tomatoes, the white of the wall and the blue of the blinds seemed inspired for my 4th of July pic. (Good thing since we did NOTHING else picture worthy today!)

2 comments:

  1. mmmm...they look delicious! We had BLTs (or in this case, BLMs) for dinner tonight. I bet your 'maters would have been yummy...

    ReplyDelete