Thursday, April 9, 2009

Day 98


Zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo! We love the zoo! We are sooooo lucky to have such a fabulous zoo in St. Louis. And the greatest part, it's FREE!!! No admission, we could go everyday if we wanted. We were talking to an employee yesterday to see how long the zoo had been there. It was "chartered" in 1910, 6 years after the World's Fair where the Flight Cage came from (now it's home to a "swamp" of some sort; we didn't got there yesterday). She was saying that the guys who created the charter were VERY SMART COOKIES!! They drafted it in such a way that there are NO LOOPHOLES to ever allow them to charge admission. She said that a couple of years ago they had lawyers go over the charter w/a fine tooth comb and they could find no way around the "free for life" clause! Yea Zoo Founders!!

On to the pic. I took 355 pics at the zoo yesterday but I'm only going to post one. This statue has been at the zoo at least since Becca was born. I have pics of her first zoo trip in front of this statue/foutain & EVERY TIME we go, we take another pic. Some day, I'll have to do a collage-y thing of the kids at the zoo thru the years.

Something interesting: Scott was out of town this week so the kids & I went alone (yes, I got lost in Forest Park since highway 40 is shut down & I couldn't figure out the "back way" into the zoo!). Apparently, we are much more leisurely and don't quite care if we see EVERY STINKIN' animal in the zoo. We went to see what we wanted & didn't go to the ones we didn't. Scott wants to see everything & heaven forbid we stop to rest or take pics. We had alot of fun!!! And got ColdStone Creamery after. YUM!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh, Bec looks like you. In the small photo I actually thought- "gee, Suzi's hair has grown a lot" I got a big shock when i opened up the picture to see it wasn't you. Sorry Becca- Don't hate me please!
    You are so lucky to have a free zoo- ours costs a LOT

    ReplyDelete