Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Day 56

I posted this on my Facebook account & thought I'd use it for my picture of the day.

This is my "light gun". I can not toss out a $2 set of Christmas lights! I have to fix them! I had a little $3 light tester that I used but the batteries went dead. In past years, it has been cheaper & easier to replace the tester than the batteries. Well, this year I couldn't find a replacement tester so I bought this fancy pants (expensive!) thing. I thought it was a bunch of bunk!! Well, the first time I used it, IT WORKED!!!

You plug an empty light socket into the gun (just in front of the trigger) and pull the trigger. Sometimes you have to pull it a few times. Then, usually, the whole set magically lights up. Then, you can replace the burnt out bulbs & all is good. I figure it must be satan's work but dad says it's all understandable & proceeded to explain it to me. It's satan's work!! It doesn't always work (I had to toss a set of white lights that I keep on year round above my cabients earlier this week.) but it works often enough to make me happy. Plus, if this gun doesn't fix the lights, I figure I can now toss them w/o guilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment