Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day 31

Long, long ago, in a galaxy not so far away, we played cards every Saturday night with Tim & Sarah. We've known them for nearly 20 years now and I really think we might be part of a dying breed of card players who play Pinochle. Scott taught me the game soon after we started dating. Let me tell you, I didn't pick up on it very quickly. We tried to teach my parents & THAT was a total disaster!!

Incidentally, we DID teach my parents the most STUPID game every created. The "real" name of it is "Oh Sh*t!" but there was no way my parents would learn a game w/that name so we changed it to "Oh Pooh Pooh!" It is sooooooo stupid but my hubby, my parents, Tim & Sarah and the kids LOVE it. I really, really hate it and would much rather play Pinochle. When my parents lived here we would play Oh Pooh Pooh w/Tim & Sarah every week. When my parents moved, we went back to playing Pinochle. Then Tim & Sarah (Hiram & Bernice as my dad liked to call them, I don't know why) got a summer "cottage" on the lake & spent every weekend there. Scott still plays cards w/his Mom, Aunt & Uncle every other weekend. We're getting back into the groove of playing w/T&S but, 4/15 the cottage will be open again.......

No comments:

Post a Comment